- Assign and Remove products from categories
- Change / Update Attribute Set
- Modify Price (By flat Number / Percentage)
- Copy and Replace With Existing Product Images
- Assign Cross-sells, Up-sells and Related Products to Product ID
Mass Product Actions allows you to manage some of the most common product features in bulk. Using this extension, you can:
1) Assign and Remove products from categories: Using this extension, you can assign a group of products to a particular category by applying the category ID to the product. In the same manner, you can delete/remove a group of products from a particular category by applying the category ID in the same manner.
2) Change / Update Attribute Set : Using this extension, you can change/update the attribute set for any number of product with a single click. The attribute set is basically an entity containing the list of attributes under it. Magento, by default, doesn’t allow you to change the attribute set. Mass Product Actions allows it to be done quickly and easily with a single click
3) Modify Price (By flat Number / Percentage) :
Here there are parameters on how you can update the price of product. i) By flat number ii) By percentage.
A) By flat number : You can update prices for a series of products by a flat number. For exampe; If you want to increase the price for ten products by $5. You can easily do that using the extension. The same goes for reducing the price for any set of products, you would simply need to specify values like -5,-10 as per your requirement to lower the price on a batch of items
B) By Percentage :- In same manner, You can use percentage as parameter for reducing or increasing price for a set of products. For example; If you will select “Modify price(By percentage)” and apply “5” in the next text box, it will increase the price of all selected products by 5%. The same action can be used to decrease price the same way by using negative value in the input box such as “-10,-7, -15”.
4) Modify Special price with respect to Price : Using Mass Product Actions, you can now set special/offer price with respect to the original price using flat prices as well as a percentage of the price as a parameter. Below are the ways to perform this action :
i) Modify Special price using price (By Flat number) :
Using Product mass actions extension, you can always set special/offer price with repect to normal price of product. If you want set special price a specific less for group of products you can do it using this option. For example, for 10 products you want to set an offer and want to reduce price by $10, you can do it easily using this mass option. All you just need to select this option and apply “-10” after selecting a group of products using check boxes under the product grid.
ii) Modify Special price using price (By Percentage) : The same manner as above you can also reduce Pricing for bunch of products by percentage parameter. E.g If you want to set special price for a bunch of products as 70% of their actual product price then you use this action. So, if a product is having price as $100 and if you apply “-30” as input value then it will reduce the price to $70. Ultimately now, $70 would become special price and customers would view $70 as product price at your website.
5) Modify visibility : You can modify visibility for group of products you can always use this mass action. Here you have four options to choose from using this mass action : i) Not visible individually ii) Catalog ii) Search iii) Catalog, Search
If you choose “Not visible individually” your selected products won’t be visible at frontend of the website and would just remain at Admin section so that you can manage it later on.
If you choose option “Catalog” then the select product would appear on the website but they won’t be searchable using search box at the website.
If you choose the option “Search” then you can only search to find them using search box at the store.
If you choose the option “Catalog, Search” then the products would be available within Catalog as well the in the search results if you search them at the frontend.
6) Modify Status : You can modify the Status for any number of products at any point of time using this action. You can Enable/Disable selected products using single click at product grid. The disabled products will remain saved in the backend and will not be visible to customers.
7) Copy Product Options : Using Mass email extension powered by GrizzlySTS, You can copy product options of one product to many other products. E.g If you have added custom options for color, size in product X and you want to copy this options to multiple products. You just need to select the products (Click the checkboxes correspond to it at product grid) to which you want to copy product options to and after provide Provide ID of the product that you want to copy it from and that’s it. This will quick and easy copy all product options from one product to many other products within seconds.
8) Copy and Merge with Existing Product Images : In the same manner, you can also copy product images from one product to many other products using this option. All you need to do is select the products where you want to set the product images after that choose the above mentioned mass action. After selection it will ask for a product ID, here provide the ID of product whose images you want to copy the other products. This option is actually a smart option where there are images will simillar type of products. This option will not directly eliminate and replace the images from targeted products, it will check for the existing images if its there it won’t replace any image but if no images are set then it will copy images from the mentioned product ID.So basically this option will work as merger between your existing images and the images that correspond to your mentioned product ID.
9) Copy and Replace With Existing Product Images : This option can be used for copying images from single product to selected multiple products at Products Grid. This option will completely flush the existing images of the product and will copy images from the Product ID that you provided in the box after selecting this mass action.
10) Assign Cross-sells, Up-sells and Related Products to Product ID : Using this mass action, you can copy selected products from products grid to a single product as Cross-sells, Up-sells as well as Related Products. There are separate mass actions for managing this at the products grid. All you need to do is select the products that you want to assign (By clicking checkboxes correspond to it as we did earlier) and then apply the product ID in the box that appears after selecting the action. This will copy all the selected products as Cross-sells, Up-sells and Related product depending on the option you selected.