Videos are great way to connect with the customers yet it one of the most under-utilized ecommerce strategies. We’ve talked about the importance of product photography in the past, but great product photos are table stakes at this point. If you want to take your ecommerce business to the next level and blow past your competition, you can’t afford to ignore the power of incorporating video into your mix. Product videos can have an incredible ability to increase conversions by better helping people understand your product and provide customers with as much information as possible about the products you offer.
In Magento, it is best to add a product video on product information tab. The following shows you the steps on how to add a video tab on product page
- Login to your admin panel
- Navigate to Catalog -> Attributes -> Manage Attributes
- Click on “Add New Attribute” button
You will be prompted to a new window as shown below
- Specify videoID on Attribute Code, select Store View for the scope, and Text Fieldfor Catalog Input Type for Store Owner. Leave the rest of the field as is.
- Save the attribute
- Go to Catalog -> Attributes -> Manage Attributes Set
- Select yourattribute set which you are using for your site
- UnderUnassigned Attributes you will see videoID item which you should drag into the left column, under General section:
Note: videoID is the attribute code I specified during the Add Attribute step, see Step 4
- Go to Catalog -> Manage Products
- Click Save Attribute button
- Select the Product to edit
- Input your video URL in theVideo URL field
- Click the SAVE button
For handling the popup you will need to integrate below changes.
- Install/Integrate colorbox within your Magento (http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox/)
- Do minor code changes at below path.